Skip to main content

Quick, cheap and easy jewelry storage idea

Recently I had a bit of a sort out of my jewelry (not that there is much to sort) but I decided to give it the once over and fix what could be fixed, give away what I don't wear anymore and sort out where each piece should live.

I don't have a lot of 'good' jewelry so that was easy to find a place for it to live - in my jewelry box.

It was the costume (or junk) jewelry that needed a home where they wouldn't get tangled, I could actually find them and above all was simple...

Here's what I did...

I found a packet of suction hooks and stuck the to the tiled wall in the bathroom!

Put the various bits of jewelry on it and it was done.

I did have the other 'gold' earring when I started this - I hope it turns up soon!



It makes it so easy to see at a glance what I have a choice of and makes it easy to put away.

I also tried this on the mirror for a while but it got in the way - which is more about the bad layout of the bathroom rather than the mirror being a bad place to store jewelry.

If you have teenage girls with a shopload of cheap jewelry, this could be the way to go! I'd be careful about putting good gold or silver stuff in the bathroom for a couple of reasons. One: in case moisture from the shower turns out not to be good for it and, two: just in case a visitor decides that it would look better in their house than yours!

Score card:
Green-ness: Being able to fix things is green - also being able to find things rather than buying another is even greener!
Frugal-ness: Cost me nothing as the suction hooks were used for the kids bath toys in another life.
Time cost: Jewelry sorting can be a bit emotional - so put aside a bit more time than you might for sorting other things, like sox for example!
Skill level: Matching and hanging - just like junior maths at school!
Fun -ness: Great fun once its all done!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good idea! I use an old tie/belt rack of my husband's to hang necklaces, but the earrings are in a jumble - I need to come up with a solution for that.
Practical Frog said…
Wiil suction hooks stick to the place you have the tie rack? then you could hand earrings next to the necklaces... - K xx
Anonymous said…
I like all details that you provide in your articles.
Whiteflash store
these are so cool! i'll have to put these in my house...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...